Wednesday, August 31, 2011

WIP Wednesday #3

Added another project to my WIP list...  Actually it's a 6 month 'block of the month' quilt and I just received the THIRD month's package!  I'm only 1/2 through the first month so this one needs to get on AND move UP the WIP list if I hope to ever catch up :) 

This is a picture of the quilt when it's complete:
Sunflower Glacier Star - Quilting by the Bay
This is the first month's block - making 8 of them:
And this is what I have done so far - all 8!

OK,  sad...   But I also have the rest of block one cut out!




I also worked more on Mason's graduation quilt, back of the quilt this time.  I have all the strip pieces cut out and paired up for sewing the block tops.  This took a long time as I am using 30 or so of the Bali pops from the Sangria collections.  I found that some of the fabrics were too light.  I have also collected and cut out 20 or so different fabrics for the background pieces.  Will have some actual pictures of the quilt shortly  :)

 

WIP Update: (date) is when entered the list or last worked on...  8/17/11 is my starting point

Completed Projects:
Nothing completed this week. 
 
New Projects:
Sunflower Glacier Star 8/31/11

Ongoing Projects:
Mason's graduation quilt - Back - continued - cut out fabric and started to assemble blocks 8/31/11

No progress:
Berry Bliss Twin Quilt 2of2 played with several designs... still deciding pattern 8/17/11
Eric's Browning Quilt (Christmas present 2010!!!) made multi-fabric binding strip  8/24/11
Snowman Quilt - top together awaiting borders, quilting, and binding 8/17/11
SVQG - Mystery Quilt month 1 of 4 (August) 8/17/11
Boat Log Cabin Quilt 8/17/11
Rose of Sharon wall hanging 8/17/11
Row Robin Sampler Quilt! have 5 strips of four blocks each... MoVeD the rows around... Still Thinkin...  8/24/11

This week’s stats:
New projects – 1
Completed projects –0
Currently in progress – 9

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment: