Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WIP Wednesday #1

This is my first WIP post SO the in progress list is well...  Lengthy!


Recently completed from my WIP list is Berry Bliss Twin Size Quilt:
Berry Bliss Bali Pop (retired-so sad!)


I love working with these Bali Pops!  I am making two coordinating but not matching quilts to go on a trundle bed, each using the Berry Bliss Bali Pop.  The bed has a metal daybed style frame in Hunter Green and looks wonderful with these colors.  (Didn't get a picture on the bed-I'll save that for the second one! :)

I recently saw a sample quilt at a quilt shop and loved the pattern. I used 4 of the Berry Bliss colors in each square then added a border strip on each side.
Simple yet it comes together and looks very interesting. The quilt took 150 of these squares plus the boarder to complete the quilt.




 The love the effect on the finished quilt!
This is the largest quilt I have machined quilted so far.  I am quite happy with how the quilting turned out.  Practice... practice... practice!!  :)




WIP Update: (date) is when entered the list...  8/17/11 is my starting point

Completed Projects:
Berry Bliss - Twin Quilt 1of2  Done! and on our lakehouse trundle bed!  One down, one to go!
 
Ongoing Projects:
Eric's Browning Quilt (Christmas present 2010!!!) attached borders, pinned for quilting 8/17/11
Berry Bliss Twin Quilt 2of2 played with several designs... still deciding pattern 8/17/11

No progress:
Row Robin Sampler Quilt! have 5 strips of four blocks each... need to complete 8/17/11
Snowman Quilt - top together awaiting borders, quilting, and binding 8/17/11
SVQG - Mystery Quilt month 1 of 4 8/17/11
Boat Log Cabin Quilt 8/17/11
Rose of Sharon wall hanging 8/17/11
 

This week’s stats:
New projects – 1
Completed projects – 1
Currently in progress – 5

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

2 comments:

My Life In Quilts said...

Welcome to the WIP group! I just joined a month ago. It's good to have an accounting for my work and a way to kind of show it off too.

Marie Joerger said...

Thanks for the welcome! I also think that WIP may help me stay more on task and it definitely helps to have others see your work! I read your blog and your 'ADD with your crafts' also describes ME to a T! :) Happy quilting! Marie