Tuesday, July 22, 2014

MQG - Michael Miller Challenge!

Well here it is the last week to enter the MQG's Michael Miller Challenge.

I am delighted to show you my entry....  

The Improv Log
As you can see - it's bigger than me!  The quilt measures 70" square.

It is my original design which I plan to release the pattern for in the middle of August - so check back if you are interested!!

I had planned to quilt this one myself.  I knew exactly how I wanted to quilt it - Stitch in the Ditch around all of the multi colored fabric pieces then 'BUBBLES!' Everywhere else!! (Floating Log Cabin.... Bubbles!) But I ran out of time and still that it is exactly how it came out WITH the expert help of my good friend and long arm quilter Lisa Teichmann of Garden Gate Quilting!!







Heading over to upload the quilt to the MQG site.  If you have a chance go on over to see all the beautiful and exciting creations!!

I'll be linking up with Lee over at Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday!  Stop by and see what everyone is up to!







8 comments:

Lois Kindley, longarm quilter said...

I love it!! And I love how the quilting mimics the stone wall you’re standing by at the camp! YOU girl are prolific. Say what you want but you’re rocking this pattern/blogging thing! So proud of you Rie, really so proud.

Unknown said...

I love this!! And this quilting is perfect for it - it all works together so, so well!!

Anna said...

I love it! Such a fresh take on the log cabin. Love the color, scale, setting, quilting, everything!

Terry Aske Art Quilts said...

Wonderful!

sophie said...

Love it!

alidiza said...

This is beautiful!!! I love the bubbles and the blue background you used:-)

Lynette said...

I *love* this quilt!! Very cool approach to the log cabin, and the background color is such a nice change of pace. :)

Terri Ann @ ChildlikeFascination.com said...

Had to Pin this because I love it so much. It's such a modern spin on a traditional block!