Wednesday, October 24, 2012

WIP Wednesday {Oct. 24, 2012}

This week I made a Fall Table Topper for my parents.  I used the D4P pattern then added some gold leaves into the machine embroidery.  Happy with the outcome... 

Here's the completed Table Topper - I like how the striped binding works with the other fabrics to bring the fall colors together.

Here are some in process photos:
I added gold leaves to the surface of that quilt as I was freemotion quilting. 







I also continued to work on my tote bag.  I now have the front and back complete and quilted onto the base.  

{- Front..................... Back -}


I'm adding the canvas bottom next then it's on to the inside.  


Looking to add lots of pockets to the lining!  I am also trying to figure how I might add some threadwork to the handles as I think the added texture will make the overall look of the tote more interesting??!  More to follow!






Continuing with my Creative Conglomeration updates - 
This is a picture of my Fiber Art Challenge #3 Reveal:


"Morning Glow" Marie Joerger, Created for CC#3

This was my first attempt at Cathedral Windows.  I was trying to create the image of Sunshine through a window in this piece.  I actually pieced 2 identical quilts to use in the 'windows' in place of the standard solid pieces then I cut one quilt up into squares to use inside each of the blocks then cut up the other into diamonds to use between the blocks.  Turned out to be much more involved than I thought :) but then these creative challenges usually are!  Check out all the 3rd challenge quilts!


Hope you are enjoying your Fall! 
Marie


WIP - October:
~Tote bag w/Mason's Block
~Cathedral Window Floral Quilt
~Door quilt for camp - 4 sq & 1/2 sq triangles - Brights!
               (getting cold-need to get this done!!)

~1600 Jelly Roll Race Top - revamp into something a bit more interesting!!


This week’s stats:
New projects – 1
Completed projects – 1
Currently in progress – 5

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

1 comment:

LisaT said...

I love the table topper!! It's beautiful!