Wednesday, October 17, 2012

WIP Wednesday {Oct. 17, 2012}

Last week I didn't post but I did enter a quilt into Kate's ALQS7 (Another Little Quilt Swap 7)
"Batik Drunkards Go Round" Marie Joerger ALQS7
View all 57 Beautiful Quilts! in the Swap: http://anotherlittlequiltswap.blogspot.com/
Thanks Kate - can't wait to see who's wonderful quilt makes it's way to me  :)

This week I worked... a little... on my Tote bag - the other side... Having just finished the quilt above I decided to make something along the same lines for my tote but this time I would have the inside of the circle be a constant fabric.   The second side of the tote would be completely different yet similar = two bags in one!  

Here is the other side in process... I'm playing with the drunkards path blocks....
 
First layout I tried....
Decided I wanted it to be more like the front so this is the layout I went with....
 
Here's the front from a prior blog:
 

I hope to have the entire bag together this weekend.  I plan to add a canvas bottom to make it more durable and LOTS of pockets inside to organize all my stuff!  Stay tuned! I'll update when I finish :)


This is a picture of my Fiber Art Challenge #2 Reveal:  


Green, Must use 7 values of green 
& may add a small amount of one other color!
 Color icon green.svg

This is a picture of me explaining my piece just before revealing:
"Spring Tree" Marie Joerger, Created for the CC#2 Challenge

 
This is a closeup of the back of the piece...  

The back of this piece shows only the stitching used to add the tiny green leaves to the tree!  Think I may have learned something along the way here about Thread Play!  But then that is what our group, The Creative Conglomeration, is all about!

I have just started working on my design for CC#7.  Hint - plan to use a lot of Free Motion Machine Quilting.... More to follow!!

Thanks for stopping by! Have yourself a great week!
Marie


WIP - October:
~Tote bag w/Mason's Block
~Cathedral Window Floral Quilt
~Door quilt for camp - 4 sq & 1/2 sq triangles - Brights!
~1600 Jelly Roll Race Top - revamp into something a bit more interesting!!

This week’s stats:
New projects – 0 
Completed projects –0
Currently in progress –5

2 comments:

Pieces to Love said...

Beautiful work!

Martha said...

Love your projects...especially the tree. Great job.