Wednesday, September 7, 2011

WIP Wednesday #4

Labor Day weekend...  
Campfires, s'mores...


Back to school - College that is!!





And I played a bit of 'catch-up' this long weekend. 

First I made Step #1 of SVQG - Mystery Quilt.  This is the August step....  Make 16 Love these Batik Fabrics! :)

Then I worked on Block #1 (June) Sunflower Glacier Star - made 8

I also joined Block Lotto.  This is my first month making blocks for this.  This month's block is the Curved Rail. These are my 9 completed blocks:


Aren't they fun?  I usually shy away from curved lines but these were a breeze!!  If you are interested in trying new techniques you should check out the site, different block every month, no pressure.  Good excuse to try something new!  And who knows maybe you'll win some!

I have to say that knowing that I will be posting a WIP is making my plan ahead more! and maybe helping me to organize in the process!  I'll have to give it a couple of more weeks....  months!!! to be sure!!



WIP Update: (date) is when entered the list or last worked on...  8/17/11 is my starting point

Completed Projects:
September Block Lotto - 9 Curved Rails
 
New Projects:
Joined Block Lotto - and complete September blocks - 9 Curved Rails 
 
Ongoing Projects:
Sunflower Glacier Star -Completed June's block - only 2 behind now! progress!!! 9/4/11
SVQG - Mystery Quilt - Completed month 1 August 9/4/11

No progress:
Berry Bliss Twin Quilt 2of2 played with several designs... still deciding pattern 8/17/11 (got some fat quarters for this!)
Eric's Browning Quilt (Christmas present 2010!!!) made multi-fabric binding strip  8/24/11
Mason's graduation quilt - Back - continued - cut out fabric and started to assemble blocks 8/31/11
Snowman Quilt - top together awaiting borders, quilting, and binding 8/17/11
Boat Log Cabin Quilt 8/17/11 - took pictures - hanging in sewing area
Rose of Sharon wall hanging 8/17/11
Row Robin Sampler Quilt! have 5 strips of four blocks each... MoVeD the rows around... Still Thinkin...  8/24/11

This week’s stats:
New projects – 1
Completed projects – 1
Currently in progress – 9

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

Jean(ie) said...

Nice curves! Did u use that special curve foot?

Marie Joerger said...

Hi Jean, I just used my regular foot but set my machine needle all the way to the right and used a very small seam! No 1/4" seams here :) I just eased it along slowly and it worked out perfect - surprise! It was flat when I ironed it :) Thanks for your comment!

Lynette said...

Such a familiar site - the car packed full for college road trips!

Love all the blocks. . . the batiks August block looks like an inviting pool to fall into!

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

Love all those batiks you are using. Those are the first curved rail blocks I have seen, very intersting. I really love the blue in the first step of the august block you showed first.
~Kimberlee

Sewjoe said...

Just getting back into the swing of things with sending two kids back to college. Still working overtime as a taxi for three still at home. Love what you are working on. I am going to check out the Block Lotto because you know I need something else to keep up with each month. Great inspiration!! Love your color choices for all your blocks.