Wednesday, November 23, 2011

WIP Wednesday #14

Ok... So I didn't actually complete anything this week but I have to say I have had a GREAT WEEK!!

12:01 Saturday, November 19, 2011




My hubby got me my FIRST BRAND NEW SEWING MACHINE!!!  Isn't he just the BEST!! I am so excited!!!  So I played a lot! but didn't finish anything!

I did start a new project!  It's a quilt for the doorway at our camp that goes to the upstairs which we think will help keep the heat downstairs... but with all the knot holes in the wooden floor/ceiling it may be more of a decoration then a practical heat saver - we'll see  :)  Either way here's the first completed block.



I'm using the Hard Candy collection again with a single background fabric.

I have a bunch of the other 4-patch and 1/2 square triangles made but not together yet.  Trying to make it look 'scrappy'!  Going to put 2 blocks across by 7 down for a total of 14 place binding.  Show you more as I go along.  Didn't work on anything else this week because I've been cleaning the house and getting ready for the holiday.


I am taking a few minutes to realize how very lucky I am!!
Wishing you all a Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving!
Marie


Completed Projects:  none
 
New Projects: Door quilt for camp

Ongoing Projects: Worked on this week: also see no progress
Eric's Browning Quilt (Christmas present 2010!!!)- still! hand sewing binding :)
Bottled Rainbow - ticker tape quilt - Continue collecting fabrics & attached borders :)

Ongoing Blog Projects-monthly: include donated amounts - shows one person CAN make a difference!!!
4 Patch 4 Hope - 72 4-patch blocks (November next)
Block Lotto - monthly - November
Valor Quilt Bee (Month 1)

No progress:
Berry Bliss Twin Quilt 2of2 played with several designs... still deciding pattern 8/17/11 (got some fat quarters for this!)
Mason's graduation quilt - Back - continued - cut out fabric and started to assemble blocks 8/31/11
Snowman Quilt - top together awaiting borders, quilting, and binding 8/17/11
Boat Log Cabin Quilt 8/17/11 - took pictures - hanging in sewing area
Row Robin Sampler Quilt! have 5 strips of four blocks each... MoVeD the rows around... Still Thinkin...  8/24/11
Sunflower Glacier Star -Completed June's block - 4  behind now! progress!!! 9/4/11
SVQG - Mystery Quilt - Received instructions month 2&3!! - 9/9/11
Jelly Roll 1600 quilt! - completed top :)  10/5/11 - thinking I'm going to add some flying geese?!?
Two baby quilts! - pinks using D4P design - still piecing blocks...

This week’s stats:
New projects – 1
Completed projects – 0
Currently in progress –16
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

6 comments:

Pat Merkle said...

WOOHOO! Is that a new Pfaff? Very cool! Love your new quilt (I'm a sucker for bright colors)!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Alli said...

What an awesome present! :)

Sel said...

Love the jewel box blocks - so bright and pretty!

Longvacation said...

What a fun looking quilt. The bright colors are so cheery they'll have to warm you up!
Congrats on the new machine.

Marsha Cooper said...

Congrats on a new sewing machine! I do hope someday to have a much fancier one. My husband bought mine 3 Black Friday's ago for $60 at Wal Mart. It seems to still be going strong for a cheap machine though. I'm very thankful to have it as I had been cutting and ironing at sewing club for months before actually having my own machine.

Jean(ie) said...

What a beautiful new machine... woo hoo!!!!!