Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Tote bag for Mom ;)

I recently made my Mom a tote bag with her favorite color - pink!  
Yes, the straps are VERY pink!!
I like the length on these straps :)
Much better than the last bag I made - what a difference 9" makes!.

The outside has a quilted pocket on the front and 
checkerboard patch throughout.
 It has a parachute buckle to lock it together.. as well as 2 clips to hang your keys, etc. on (not shown)..
  Here's the inside lining and 5 inside pockets.

The outside is quilted with a cross pattern. 
There is Pellon 809 Decor-Bond® stabilizer that is quilted through.  
I wasn't happy with how well the quilting showed up.  
Plan to use a layer of batting in between on my next bag.
 
Here's a detail of the quilting on the front pocket. 
This has a layer of batting  and I love how it showed the stitches.  
A walking foot was used for all the quilting on this project.
What have you been working on lately??
I'm linking up with Lee over at Freshly Pieced -  WIP Wednesday!
Enjoy Today! Marie

2 comments:

LisaT said...

Great job, Marie! Have you given it to her yet? She must have loved it!

Marie Joerger said...

Why yes I did Lisa and she seemed quite pleased :)