Wednesday, October 9, 2013

WIP Wednesday! Quilt Show Time!!

This past weekend I had the honor of being the Chairperson for the 
Souhegan Valley Quilts Guild 
"Falling into Comfort" Quilt Show...


This beautiful quilt belongs to my friend Faye - it won BOTH the Committee Choice & Viewers Choice awards! Which her work greatly deserved!!


What a fantastic community for woman I worked with for this show.
Everyone of them made a difference and the show was an enormous success due to all of their efforts!

I was lucky enough to have my daughter stop by and visit (with my hubby who is behind the camera) during my session as a 'white glover'.

Here we are doing our version of the 'skinny arm' :)
And one more shot which happened to catch me next to one of my quilts.
Mine's the log cabin to my right (left in picture) - This quilt was started in 2001, machine quilted by Lisa @ Garden Gate Quilting in 2011, and the binding & label were finished LAST WEEK! Just in time for the show!

I will post some closeups of the beautiful feathers on this quilt plus I have several quilts that I will show over the next few weeks.

As far as my WIP - Well there have been a LOT of labels & binding...
I'm thinking I should put quilts in more shows as I am amazed at how caught up I am at this moment! I doubt it will last though...
There is one other special project I just completed as a small thank you to the quilt show committee that I will show you next week...
One of the packages is in the mail to Texas! and I don't want to spoil the surprise!!

So what has kept you busy this past week??

For lots of interesting happenings stop by
 WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced



No comments: