Thursday, January 19, 2012

Quilt Along #2 with Leah Day

Well here we are at Week #2 of Leah Day's Quilt Along



I started with a practice piece but neglected to photograph it.

This is a picture of a quilt that has been hanging on my wall for years!  I pieced and tied it when we first moved into our home in 2001.  But this is it's lucky week as I am going to take the many quilts I have made over the years and one by one - or maybe week by week - quilt them as I practice my machine quilting skills and this one if first up!


This quilt is a wall hanging measuring about 33" square.  Not too big of a project to jump in with!


Close up of stitching - back


A little hard to see with this fabric but I was pleased with the result.

My quilting guild, The Souhegan Valley Quilters Guild has a display starting today at the Amherst Public Library in Amherst, NH.  This quilt along with 37 others will be on display for the next month or so.  If you are in the area stop by and see them - it's worth the trip!!

A few pictures of the display from Jeannine - nice job Jeannine, Trudy, Lois, Sue W. and Sharron A.


6 comments:

Danih03 said...

Wish I was in the area, I would stop by. Good job!

Lois Kindley, longarm quilter said...

It’s a GREAT collection and the folks at the library were VERY excited to have it there. NICE.
Enjoyed working with Jeannine, Sue and Trudy at set up

Marie Joerger said...

Jeannine just sent along a few pictures!

sisbabestitches said...

oh well done. You are going to have a lovely pile of "finished" pieces to enjoy all over again.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Your quilting looks wonderful! I think you are going to have fun with this QAL!

Lynette said...

Hey, good for you!! :D And what a beautiful display - that is one gorgeous library.