Tuesday, March 10, 2015

A wonderful day in New England with Lee Heinrch of Freshly Pieced!

Saturday my MQG - New Hamsphire Modern Quilt Guild was delighted to present Lee Heinrich of Freshly Pieced
As I was getting ready to head to the event my husband said he hadn't seen me this excited in ages. I have followed Lee on her blog "Freshly Pieced" and linked up with her WIP Wednesday as well and couldn't wait to meet her and see all of her quilts up close.

Lee brought many of her wonderful quilts and gave a background on herself, how she got into quilting and modern quilting and so much more.  
It proved to be a very inspiring afternoon!
(Rene' and I got to handle all the quilts!!! :)


(Thanks Susie for taking the pics!)
 
After Lee spoke she spent time answering questions and signing books while her beautiful quilts were displayed for everyone to get a close look at.

http://www.freshlypieced.com/

http://www.freshlypieced.com/
(Thanks Rene' for the great group quilt pics!)

Here is a link to her new book that features many of the quilts shown!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1620330547/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=1620330547&linkCode=as2&tag=frespiec-20

It is especially fun to meet someone you have admired from a far and find them even more interesting in person!
Hope you had a wonderful weekend!!
Marie

3 comments:

Lois Kindley, longarm quilter said...

LUCKY DUCK!! I can only imagine you were beaming all weekend. I bet she’s just lovely in person. LOVE her patterns.

Patch the Giraffe said...

Did you change your blog??? It looks good. It was so much fun, and I was quite jealous you got to touch them all!

Marie Joerger said...

Hi Lois - Lee is as lovely in person as she appears on her blog!

And YES Chelsea I have updated my blog :) Thank you! After seeing the fresh new look of our NHMQG blog that you and Susie created I was inspired!!! And YES!!! touching ALL the quilts was wonderful!! :)