Wednesday, May 7, 2014

René's Birthday Pillow :)

For my friend's recent birthday I was invited, along with a wonderful group of girlfriends, to an extended sewing retreat!  What a blast we had!

As a thank you I invited all the girls to sign a piece of fabric that I would incorporate into a memory pillow.  I was able to get 4 of the 6 signatures before I assembled the pillow.

The pressure was on for to last 2 ladies as they only had one shot at getting it right!!

I added a label to the center with René favorite - a seashell - along with the date and location. 

Then the pressure came back to me to quilt the pillow, with all the signatures - one shot but it came out OK. 

Here's the finished pillow - René took the picture herself on her bed at the retreat!

What is the last thing you made as a gift?
Thanks for stopping by and Enjoy your day!
Marie


Linking up WIP Wednseday with Leah over at FreshlyPieced
Stop by to see all the wonderfully creative going-ons

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


1 comment:

Lois Kindley, longarm quilter said...

I love that Lisa’s standing on her head. ;D Thanks again for organizing this lovely gift Rie. Keep those posts coming!