Thursday, March 3, 2011

Played with the Rainbow Colors... A little!

Wow - I really love working with this colors!  They are so far from what I would normally introduce into my home space.  Fortunately I have a NEW SPACE to decorate and COLOR! Lots of color! Is what I am going for.



I used the 2 1/2" strips plus a black with tiny dots and a white to make the center of this Rainbow Quilt.  I used a wonderful black fabric that I have had for years for the border and I love! how this came together :)


 AND! it wasn't as hard as it looks!  I actually created 9-patch blocks with four different bright colors and black dot as the center...  cut the 9-patch into four pieces AND this was the result!  The shortcut idea came from the book:


Two from One Jelly Roll Quilts [Paperback] -Pam Lintott (Author), Nicky Lintott (Author) 

Their website is:  http://www.quiltroom.co.uk/

 

Their sample was this quilt:



Adorable in pastels but I have to say...  I like the brights better!  Interested in a "how to"?  Let me know and I'll post it!!

Have already begun cutting into the 10" blocks...  Be back soon :)

No comments: