Thursday, June 23, 2011

Log Cabin Pillows with Theme Fabrics!

As a follow up to my last post, I wanted to share some additional 
Log Cabin 
pieces.  

While log cabin is my favorite Quilt Square, working with Theme Fabric is one of my favorite design features.
 
This is a 15" pillow.  It was made using 4 log cabin squares plus the border.  
It has an envelope back that you slide the pillow into.
I used a theme fabric for the outside of the squares in this pillow for the  
Musician in your life!!

16" square over a 14" pillow form.

My second themed pillow is to celebrate 
Halloween!
Who can resist these Pirate Ghosts!
17"-18" square over a 16" pillow form.


By pulling out 3 of the main colors in the theme fabric you can nicely design a log cabin block that flows.  Making two different blocks, yellow-green-orange & orange-green-yellow 
gives the design a very eye catching feature.

Both of these items are available in my Etsy Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/MJJoerger

No comments: